Tonight’s Village Workshop is cancelled.
Brockport Community Choice: Energy Program
Put your brush to the curb this weekend; brush pickup starts Monday, September 25th- Friday, September 29th. Please remember, place brush away from trees and poles.
EAST AVE PAVING 9/19-9/20 - Expect delays and one lane traffic on East Ave for paving Tuesday through Friday this week. The Town of Sweden is leading this state road project; if you have any questions, please call the Town Highway garage.
The regularly scheduled Village Board Meeting will take place in person at Village Court, 49 State St., and via Zoom with login credentials on the agenda. AGENDA 9-18-23 Agenda Packet Information: NEW OLD BUSINESS DPW DEPT CODES DEPT AWARDS PACKET Financials...
Dinner ON Main will be delayed by one hour due to gray skies and drizzle. We will see you for dinner 6-8 with Brockstock (all day) and fireworks at 9!
Brockport Community Connection, in conjunction with the Brockport Ecumenical Food Shelf and numerous service clubs and churches, is currently accepting applications for individuals and families in need of food assistance for the Thanksgiving holiday. Applicants must...
BROCKPORT COMMUNITY CHOICE PROGRAM
The Village of Brockport is proud to launch Finger Lakes Community Choice, a renewable energy program that provides our residents with cleaner and cheaper electricity.
By joining together with other communities to leverage the collective purchasing power of our residents and small businesses, we can negotiate better terms for electricity supply and community solar. Finger Lakes Community Choice is empowered by community choice aggregation, a NY State policy that enables local decision making by allowing us to determine our own default energy offerings, rather than accept the NY State and local utility default.
The program comprises two separate offerings: Community Choice Electricity Supply and Community Choice Solar. The electricity component provides access to renewable electricity at lower prices with reduced volatility through a fixed rate contract with the municipality. The first-of kind community choice solar provides guaranteed electricity bill savings for participants in exchange for their support of renewable generation without requiring them to install solar panels or sign a contract. Both components provide consumer protections and participation, require no action by those eligible to participate, and are hassle-free as supply rates and solar credits are applied directly to monthly utility bills. The groundbreaking community solar program will be an important pillar in the NY State Climate Action Plan mandate.
While all eligible residents and small businesses are automatically enrolled, you can choose not to participate in one or both program offerings. National Grid continues to be responsible for electricity delivery, billing, and repair services for all utility account holders, regardless of their program participation.
The participating communities include the Town of Geneva and the Villages of Brockport, Honeoye Falls, and Lima. As of July 1, 2019, the default energy supply to homes and small businesses in the Town of Geneva is 100% renewable. The Villages expect to launch their electricity supply offerings—and all participating municipalities expect to launch the ground-breaking solar initiatives—before year-end 2021.
Benefits of community choice programs:
• Consumer protection—fully-vetted and negotiated contracts
• No contract for individuals to sign; contracts are held at the municipal level
• No hassle—all eligible participants are automatically enrolled; no credit checks or signup process
• Consolidated billing—supply charges and solar discounts directly applied to monthly utility bills
Benefits of community choice electricity supply:
• Lower rates due to competitive bids from electricity suppliers
• Price stability/no monthly price fluctuations due to fixed rate contracts
• Choice—the local authority designates the electricity supplier and chooses the mix of renewable versus standard supply
Benefits of our community choice solar program:
• Guaranteed annual savings on electricity
• Solar credits made possible by NY State incentives for renewable generation
• Reduced carbon emissions for NY State
• No rooftop panels required (available to homeowners, renters, small businesses)
• No maintenance costs
• No sign-up or cancellation fees
• Support the development of local renewable energy generation
• Raise money for local sustainability projects ($50 per participant)
Please contact us with any questions about the program or any mailings you receive at 585-244-0244 or email@example.com.
Find out if you will be automatically enrolled using our online eligibility tool.